AAUW Ashland MEETINGS AND EVENTS 2023 – 2024
Our mission is to advance gender equity for women and girls
through research, education, and advocacy.
Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Rogue River Room
Time: 5:30 pm
Branch meetings are held on the 4th Saturday of each month except 3rd Saturday in November. No meeting in December.
Where and When:
First United Methodist Church, Wesley Hall
175 N. Main St., Ashland.
Hospitality 10 am
Meeting: 10:30 am – Noon.
Branch Meeting Programs
DECEMBER Holiday Party: date and location TBD
JANUARY 27: Public Policy Program
APRIL 27: Presidents’ Meeting
Presented by AAUW Ashland & Jackson County Library Services
Free public programs,
1st Tuesdays, 4 – 5:30 pm
Gresham Room, Ashland Public Library,
410 Siskiyou Blvd
SEPTEMBER 5, 2023 — “New Approaches to End-of-Life Care.” Latest development in palliative care: hospice, in-hospital, at-home, or residential facilities.
- Dwight Wilson, Administrator; Celia’s House in Holmes Park
- Elizabeth (Lizzy) Harmon, MD, Asante Cancer Center
OCTOBER 3, 2023 — “The Future of Ashland Schools.” What does it mean when we have fewer kindergarteners than high schoolers – and where do charter/alternative schools fit in?
- Erika Bare, Assistant Superintendent, Ashland Public Schools
- Eva Skuratowicz, Ashland School Board, Director, Position #3
NOVEMBER 7, 2023 — “The 21st Century Evolution of Criminal Justice in Oregon.” What do average citizens need to know and understand
- Lorenzo Mejia, Judge, Jackson County Circuit Corte (retired)
JANUARY 2, 2024 — “Our Affordable Housing Challenge.” What’s the current state of affairs – and what’s ahead on the municipal, count and state levels.
- Pam Marsh, Oregon House of Representatives, District 5
- Brandon Goldman, Community Development Director, City of Ashland
FEBRUARY 6, 2024 — “Get to Know BASE (Black Alliance and Social Empowerment).” What are the group’s goals particularly for its Police liaison panel
- Sabrina Prud’homme, BASE Board President and Police Liaison Committee member
MARCH 5, 2024 — “Rose of Rogue Valley Wine Industry.”
AAUW Ashland Board Calendar
United Methodist Church
Time 4 – 5:30 pm
First Monday of the Month
August 28, September 25, October 30, November 20,
January 29, February 26, march 25, April 29, May 27
Saturday, June 22, 10 am – 1 pm with potluck